Healthy Recipe : Sesame Zucchini Bread
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add raisins, walnuts and 3 teaspoons sesame seeds.
- Stir into sugar mixture just until moistened. Stir in zucchini. Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack.