Healthy Recipe : Warm Chicken Spinach Salad
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained (or fresh ones)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms 3 slices red onion, halved
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- On two salad plates, arrange spinach, oranges, mushrooms and onion; set aside.
- In a skillet, saute chicken and walnuts in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, orange juice and vinegar until smooth; stir into the chicken mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Pour over salads and serving immediately.