This homemade nourishing and healing cream is for all types of skin. But because these herbs are nutritive and soothing it is specially recommended for rough, dry skin. It is also excellent for chapped and inflamed hands.
One of the natural healing cream’s main components, the comfrey is calming and curative, and its leaves and roots contain allantoin, a substance that activates and accelerates the cellular renewal. Its leaves also contains a very impressive list of beneficial substances that includes calcium, potassium, phosphor and A, C and B12 vitamins. It has more proteins in its leaves than any other species in the vegetal kingdom.
The other main component of homemade healing cream is the common marigold. It has healing properties, and heals rough skins and skins with problems. The ancient Egyptians thought it had rejuvenating proprieties.
This homemade healing cream also has bee wax, cocoa butter, lanolin and glycerine to hydrate your skin. The borax is used to make a more stable mixture. And the chamomile essential oil is to give a nice fresh, herbal fragrance with a rich, balsamic, sweet undertone to the cream.
Comfrey and Common Marigold Natural Healing Cream Recipe
Natural Healing Cream’s Ingredients
- 1 tea spoon of bee wax
- 1 table spoon of lanolin
- 1 table spoon of cocoa butter
- 1 and 1/2 table spoon of common marigold oil
- 1 tea spoon of glycerine
- 1/4 tea spoon of borax
- 2 table spoons of a warm infusion of comfrey leaves
- 6 drops of chamomile essential oil
Natural Healing Cream’s Directions
- Melt the bee wax. Mix the lanolin with the cocoa butter and melt them. Add gradually to the bee wax, stirring often.
- Warm the common marigold oil and the glycerine and gently mix them with the first mixture.
- Dissolve the borax in the warm infusion of comfrey leaves, and mix it well with the previous mixture. Keep stirring until the cream goes ticker and cools.
- Add gently the 6 drops of chamomile essential oil.
- Put the mixture in a bottle to use it whenever you want. Don`t forget to identify it with the cream name and preparation date.
You can just massage this healing cream into your skin or you can apply cream in the areas that are very dry and wrap those areas with a cling film and remove it after 30 minutes.
You might also find helpful this related article: How To Make Homemade Ivy Anticellulite Cream