Ah the smoothie, this is seen by many people as the be all and end all of getting a healthy drink/snack hybrid. The problem with many of the smoothies that you buy in stores are all the hidden ingredients in them that make it so really in truth they are not all that great for you. To really get a healthy smoothie you need to make it yourself. So here we have some of the tastes and healthy smoothies that we have found!
Healthy Banana Ginger Smoothie Recipe
Wow not only is this bad boy absolutely delicious, it also is great for you as well. As well as being tasty the Banana Ginger Smoothie also is great for your stomach by helping you have smooth digestion, taking care of heartburn and helping queasy tummyвЂ™s as well.
What we have here will be enough for two servings of this delicious smoothie:
- 1 banana sliced up nice and thin
- Вѕ cup (or 6 oz if you want to get specific) vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Half a teaspoon of grated ginger
Toss it all in the blender and mix it until itвЂ™s nice and smooth and then enjoy!
Delicious Orange Dream Creamsicle
Now this one here is perfect if you have just had a tough work out at the gym as itвЂ™s very refreshing. Also if it is summer time and you are having a lazy day in the back yard or even by the pool then this makes the perfect smoothie to keep you cool.
This here is enough for 1 serving:
- 1 peeled navel orange (make sure you peel it and do not just throw the hole darn orange in!)
- Вј cup of fat free half and half yogurt or you can use just В В В a regular fat free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of concentrated frozen orange juice
- Вј teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 ice cubes, well really it can be as many as you want, but 4 chills it to perfection
Hit the blend button, pour and then enjoy!
Easiest вЂњVery Berry BreakfastвЂќ Smoothie
With these ingredients you will be able to have two servings of this amazing smoothie.
- Frozen unsweetened raspberries (I would recommend using enough to fill a cup)
- Вѕ cup of chilled unsweetened almond or you can use rice milk if you prefer
- Вј cup of frozen pitted unsweetened cherries or you can use even more raspberries if you prefer
- 1 and half tablespoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed
- 2 tea spoons of fresh lemon juice (if two is too strong for you just use one)
Once in blend until it is silky smooth, grab two glasses and have yourself a tasty and healthy breakfast.
Basic, But Damn Tasty Smoothie!
Here is a smoothie that does not require a ton of ingredients, but it is good for you and boy is this tasty!!! ItвЂ™s also really filling and if you had this for breakfast you are good to go until lunch time.
This recipe is for 1 serving.
- 1 cup of plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 sliced up thin banana (reason I say sliced thin is that it blends a heck of a lot quicker)
- ВЅ a cup of orange juice
- 6 delicious and juicy frozen strawberries
Hit the blend button and give your taste buds a real nice treat.