- 1 pound pasta
- 4 large tomatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pinch dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup olive oil salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons low fat cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cilantro, basil, sugar and oregano; mix well, then add olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Combine sauce with pasta and toss to coat. Top with cheese and serve.