- 1 pound ripe strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Place berries in the work bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Combine berry puree, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan. Heat until melted and just simmering.
- Whisk cornstarch into the cold water; stir into heated berry mixture.
- Remove from heat, and stir in lemon juice. Cool slightly.
- Refrigerate berry mixture until cold, about 2 hours.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.