Healthy Recipe : Skrie Salmon
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed dried mint
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon honey
- 3 strips lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small saucepan, stir together anise seeds and mint. Stir in 1 cup water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 5 minutes, then stir in honey. Continue to boil until most of the water has boiled off.
- Remove from heat, and stir in remaining 1/4 cup water. Place lemon strips in a bowl, and pour oil over the strips. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Place salmon on baking sheet. Brush thoroughly with anise sauce.
- Place in a preheated oven, and bake until done, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and brush liberally with lemon butter.