Healthy Recipe В : Tomato-Rich Fish Stew
- 3В 1/2В ouncesВ sun-driedВ tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 cup dry red wine (or substituteВ broth or tomato juice)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons fresh herbs (suchВ as thyme, rosemary or basil)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans,В drained and rinsed
- 1 pound firm fish (grouper, tilapia or tuna), cut in 2- to 3-inch chunks
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, lightlyВ crushed
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pan, simmer sun-dried tomatoes in 1 1/2 cups water until very soft; discard water.
- In a large pot, saute onion and green pepper in oil until softened.
- In a food processor or blender, combine sun-dried tomatoes and 1 bottle clam juice until smooth; add to pot. Stir in remaining clam
juice, diced tomatoes, wine, garlic, herbs, bay leaves and olives. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add beans, fish, fennel seeds, salt and pepper. Simmer until fish is done, about 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves. Ladle into bowls.