HealthyВ Recipe В : Zucchini Cheese Bake
- 3В poundsВ zucchini,В cubed
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup low fat В cheese
- 1/2 cup В bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basilВ leaves, packed
- salt and pepper to taste
- PreheatВ ovenВ toВ 375В degreesВ FВ (190В degreesВ C).
- Place zucchini in a pot with about 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil,В and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain zucchini
- and transfer to a large bowl. Mash with a fork, then transfer to a fine mesh strainer or sieve, pressing to release excess water. Return to mixing bowl.
- Place 4 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.В Add onion and garlic, and cook until lightly browned being carefulВ not to burn the garlic. Remove from heat, stir into the zucchini. Mix in the eggs, В cheese, bread crumbs, and basil. SeasonВ with salt and pepper.
- Oil an 8 inch square baking dish. Pour the zucchini mixture into the dish, and spread evenly. Bake in theВ preheated oven until firm in the center and lightly browned on top, about 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool, cut into squares, and serve.