You have an oily skin or acne and don`t know what to do? If so you will find this homemade exfoliating cream very helpful.
Some of the ingredients of this natural exfoliating cream have astringent proprieties to remove the oiliness from the skin. So this exfoliating cream is only for oily skins. If you have dry skin, please do not use it.
One of the main ingredients of this cream, the lemon, is an astringent and is known for soothing wrinkles and cleaning oily skins. The lemon also has some antiseptic properties, restores the skin acid equilibrium, removes the nicotine stain from the fingers, and attenuates the freckles. The poppy seeds, other main ingredient of this exfoliating cream, will exfoliate your skin, allowing you to remove your dead skin. The witch hazel like the lemon is astringent, and it also has soothing proprieties. The bee wax, mineral oil and vaseline will hydrate your skin. The borax is a crystalline white mineral powder that is used in this cream as an emulsifying agent.
Homemade Lemon Exfoliating Cream Ingredients
- 1 table spoon of bee wax
- 1 and 1/2 table spoon of vaseline
- 3 table spoon of mineral oil
- 1 table spoon of witch hazel
- 1 table spoon of lemon strained juice
- 1/8 tea spoon of borax
- 1 table spoon of poppy seeds
- 6 drops of lemon essential oil
- Melt the bee wax and the vaseline in bain-marie. Warm the mineral oil and add it slowly to the wax and the vaseline. Beat the mixture for approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Add the witch hazel to the lemon juice. Warm this mixture in bain-marie, add the borax and stir until it dissolves. Add this mixture to the wax and then add the poppy seeds. Beat well until the mixture stays creamy and cold.
- When the mixture is cold add the lemon essential oil. Put the mixture in a bottle to use it whenever you want.
Applying of Natural Exfoliating Cream
Massage your oily areas with the exfoliating cream in circular movements. Clean those areas with water, and apply a moisturizing cream. Repeat this once a week.
We would recommend you to check out the article When And How To Use An Exfoliating Cream before applying.